Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Miscomunication.

For my Chican@/Latin@ final, we had to write a paper. Now on the syllabus it said that the due date was friday the 13th. Because of my little, let us call it, voice/health problem, I had to miss three days of that class in a row. Somewhere in that three days of class, the final due date was changed to wednesday the 11th. Now I asked at least three different people if I missed anything. Everyone said I missed nothing out of the usual, because the usual is just discussing the books and relating it to our lives or something like that. I had planned on turning it in on my way to my final on tuesday, because I though it was going to be closer to the professors office, where I was to turn in the paper. But the exam room was the complete opposite side of the campus, kind of. So I did not turn it in on tuesday. I then decided that I had it finished, and my final on tuesday was close to the drop off place, hell, it was right next door, so I would have it printed out and turned in right before my final. Great deal, right? 
Well that's what I thought too. 
I got to her office at 1:20 pm on friday the 13th of May. No one was there. I decided to sit outside her office for a bit, maybe she stepped out to use the restroom. I sat there for 10 minuets or something like that. I then texted a few people from the class to double check that it was due at her office. One friend said yes, but it was due wednesday... I had no idea what to think. I felt my stomach drop through the floor. Wednesday? That was two days ago... I was so screwed if that was the case. I texted that I didn't know it was due wednesday, the syllabus said friday. She then explained that Maestra HAD told us two weeks ago about the change in dates. Well now that was the week that I was out for my voice/health problem. I couldn't help it, I started crying.. The voice in my head (it didn't sound to be in my head) told me I was stupid, I was shit for not knowing the date changed, etc. 
I ran out of the building, and it was raining.... Somewhat... I sat under a bridge, and I cried. I cried and cried and cried. No one seemed to notice, or if they did, they didn't seem to care much. I cried for a good 20 min, and by that time it was 2:00pm. I knew I had to get cleaned up and focus on my coming exam. I, for the most part, shut this incident out of my mind since then.
30 min ago, I checked my email.. Maestra had emailed me saying she never got the paper I slid under the door. She would only give me 50% of the papers points if I emailed it to her before midnight. I emailed it to her and explained the due date mix up, but I still have this urge to cry. The only way for me to even get any emotion out, with out crying for the third time in 2 days is to write it out. And here we are now, you reading what I said, and me writing what I think/what my ongoings are on in my life. And so far, this life has been shitty, but one thing is for sure, it's been slowly but surly getting better. 


please note, i give no blame to the bad grade to my classmates, their memory failed like mine does as well. I just wish that their memory did not fail at that particular moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment