Monday, April 18, 2011

My Master Plan

My favorite joke, my favorite hugs, my favorite voice, and my favorite food; all these things come from two people, my parents. I had come out to my brother, and the next step was my parents. I had no idea what to expect, and I had planned for worst case-sinerio. I had a place to stay with three people if need be for the summer, and my brother said I could stay with him during the fall semester in his apartment with Taylor. I had that covered, but I didn't want to lose my parents at all. It hurts to even thing that any parents would un-love their child because of who their child is and who their child chooses to love. I don't understand why that would happen. 
I knew I had to tell my parents, I wanted them to know. I wanted them to be happy for me for finding someone who accepts me for me, past and all. I wanted to tell them and have them know the reasons why I did what I did in high school, the reason why I failed math class last semester, the reason why I have been active as an ally for the longest of times. The reason, the reason, the reason; there are so many things that I had to lie to my parents about, and it hurt so much because I hate lying. 
They came over this weekend, I had a master plan to tell them. They offered to buy dinner for me and a friend or two. I decided to choose the most obviously gay friend I had, Matthias. The reason why I chose him is because I wanted to see how my family would react to an openly gay person. If it was a better reaction than what I expected, then I would be ecstatic and have no fear in telling them. If it was a horrible reaction, I wouldn't tell them at all. Unfortunately, my family eats really late and I failed to inform Matthias about that. Come 8 o'clock, I texted him to see if he was still up for dinner. My family waited half an hour and with no reply from Matthias my parents decided to invite him for ice cream the next day and go eat dinner.  
Now because my master plan was ruined, I had no idea if I could muster up the courage to tell my parents. I ended up going to sleep at their hotel that night, and decided tomorrow was a new day, and I shall see what it brings. If the time seems right, I shall tell them, if not, I shall have them wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment