Monday, April 18, 2011

Let's Get Something Straight

Let me get one thing straight. I'm not. I am what is called pansexual, and for those of you who do not know what that means, it means I like someone for who they are: ie their personality and actions; I could care less about a person's gender. I understand that my last few blogs have been confusing. K and Katrina and Johnson are the same person, and she happens to be the person I am head over heels for at this moment. We meet at a gay club called plan B. And that was in my last post, April 8. That is how I meet her. And this post is about me coming out to my brother.
First a little background. I come from a Christian family. I was brought up going to church and sunday school. Privet grade school, we had to go to mass once a week from k-5 and then once a month for 6-8. God played a big part of my life. Don't get me wrong, God still does, just I have no idea what to think anymore. So that was background info.
I came out to my brother on Thursday April 14th. I told him because I have a girlfriend here and I don't want to sneak around campus trying to keep it from him. I was really hesitant because of how he reacted to some people in the past. Well  he had pulled his back earlier that day, and I went over to help him a lot. That night I went to make him dinner, cheeseburger helper, and I told him I needed to talk to him. As we slowly munched our food, me on his unmade sheet-less bed and him sitting in his spiny office chair with ice on his back, I brought up the subject of my 'big sister' (she's not my real sister, but she takes care of me and keeps me out of trouble) I asked my brother if he remembers Kelsey, and he did. I then said, "Well you know how she is bi, right?" He responded with, "She's bi? Wow, I didn't know that." I explained how she told us and that it is true. I then asked if he thought any different of her. He said no. I then said, "I'm more like Kelsey than you think. I'm not bi, I'm pan, pansexual." He asked what pan sexual was and I explained to him the same way I did to you, dear reader. "I like someone for who they are, I could care less what their gender is." He quiet literally said, "And... So?" We then had a long discussion about my worst outcome when I told mom and dad, what would happen, and all that stuff. It was hard to believe that he acted so cooly and still loved me. My parents reaction was just a little different than his.

No comments:

Post a Comment