Sunday, April 10, 2011

Beauty is NOT just skin deep

Please understand, I am not going in the direction of I am so much hotter than everyone else. I am going in a direction that beauty is personality. Keep that in mind and don't judge this on the next few sentences.

I am that obviously attractive person. I don't want to be, it is just how I am. My eyes are unique, and my size is small (depending where you look) and it's what some guys like. When they see me, men fall over themselves to get to know me. When I ask them why they decided to get to know me, they respond with (EVERY TIME), "I saw you/your picture and I knew I had to get to know you. You are beautiful." It is then that I realize, people don't look at your actions and decide that they like your personality. They FIRST look at my body/picture and THEN decide to get to know me. This is not what I want. people should decide to want to know me because of my actions. 
Beauty is not just skin deep. My personality is beautiful. THAT is what I think beauty is. But that is not the case. Once whoever I am in a relationship with (any kind, dating, friendship, etc), they get to know me and realize that I have a strong mind, even if it is a little messed up. I have more than just a body. Apparently, my personality is not as beautiful as I think it is. And that is shown through EVERY person who has left my life. 
I am NOT attracted to a person because of their outward beauty. I like them for their personality; their kindness and their selflessness, their funny bone and their heart, their love and their acceptance. This is what I look for. This is who I am. If you have a problem with that, then unfriend me right now, and I wont hold it against you. Do you like/love my inward beauty more than my outward ugly?
Beauty is not just skin deep, beauty lies inside. I would rather someone see me fall over and then fall inlove with me because of the klutz I am, rather than see me standing there and decided they like me. That is not what I want. 

No comments:

Post a Comment